Cybersecurity is the practice of protecting devices, networks, and data from digital attacks, theft, and damage. It involves the use of technologies, processes, and policies to secure systems, networks, and devices from cyber threats, such as malware, hacking, and phishing. It helps to protect sensitive information, prevent data breaches, and ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data. It is also important for the overall security and stability of the internet and the global economy, as cyber-attacks can have significant consequences for individuals, businesses, and governments.
There are many different aspects to cybersecurity, including:
- Network security: Protecting the security of computer networks and the devices connected to them.
- Application security: Protecting the security of applications and software.
- Data security: Protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data.
- Device security: Protecting the security of devices, such as computers, smartphones, and IoT devices.
- Identity and access management: Controlling and managing access to systems and data.
- Cloud security: Protecting the security of data and applications hosted in the cloud.
Effective cybersecurity requires a combination of technical measures, such as firewalls and antivirus software, and non-technical measures, such as employee education and strong policies and procedures. In addition to protecting our own devices and networks, it's important to be mindful of the security practices of others. This can mean being careful about which websites we visit, avoiding opening suspicious emails or links, and being cautious when using public Wi-Fi networks.
Here are 26 cybersecurity YouTube channels:
1. Infosec Institute — Cybersecurity awareness.
2. Black Hat — Technical cybersecurity conferences.
3. Bugcrowd — Bug bounty methodology and interviews.
4. InfoSec Live — Everything from tutorials to interviews.
5. David Bombal — Everything cybersecurity related.
6. Nahamsec — Educational hacking and bug bounty videos.
7. Computerphile — Covers basic concepts and techniques.
8. InsiderPHD — How to get started with bug bounty hunting.
9. Security Weekly — Interviews with cybersecurity figures.
10. John Hammond — Malware analysis, programming, and careers.
11. Peter Yaworski — Web-application hacking tips and interviews.
12. IppSec — Labs and capture-the-flag tutorials, HackTheBox etc.
13. 13Cubed — Videos on tools, forensics, and incident response.
14. HackerSploit — Penetration testing, web-application hacking.
15. STÖK — Videos on tools, vulnerability analysis, and methodology.
16. Security Now — Cybercrime news, hacking and web-application security.
17. LiveOverflow — Involves hacking, write-up videos, and capture-the-flags.
18. The Cyber Mentor — Ethical hacking, web-application hacking, and tools.
19. Joe Collins — Everything Linux related, including tutorials and guides.
20. Null Byte — Cybersecurity for ethical hackers, and computer scientists.
21. The PC Security Channel — Windows security, malware news, and tutorials.
22. Simply Cyber — Helps people with cybersecurity career development.
23. Network Chuck — Everything related to network and cybersecurity.
24. BlackPerl — Malware analysis, forensics and incident response.
25. Professor Messer — Guides covering certifications.
26. Hak5 — General cybersecurity coverage.